There is a very cold Temperature in Gangotri Temple in January. Because the height of Gangotri Temple is around 3,048 meters above sea level. Hence Gangotri temperature in January remains very cold.
Here we are sharing a detailed analysis of Gangotri temperature in January. The analysis includes weather conditions like average, minimum, and maximum Temperature in Gangotri.
Gangotri Temperature in January
The weather conditions in winter are quite difficult in Gangotri. Gangotri temperature in January drops very low.
January is the coldest month in Gangotri. The temple is covered with a layer of snow. The heavy snow is piled up in sheets and covers every inch of the town.
- The Minimum Temperature in Gangotri is around 1°C in January.
- The Maximum Temperature in Gangotri is around 11°C in January.
- The Average Temperature in Gangotri is around 5°C.
- The Average Precipitation/Rainfall is 118 mm in January.
Gangotri climate in Jan is quite difficult for local people as well as for all the tourists. The temple remains closed due to inappropriate weather conditions and due to which it is inaccessible during the month of January.
As you can now understand that the weather conditions are cold in Gangotri during January. So If you are planning a trip to Gangotri in January. Get ready and be prepared with properly equipped items for the bone-chilling cold. Happy Winters!
Gangotri Temperature Today
The temperature in Gangotri right now and for the next 7 Days is shown below. (Weather Forecast).
Due to the very heavy snowfall, the Gangotri Temple remains closed for 6 months in the winter season and then opens in the summer season.
- Gangotri Closed Season – On the next day of Deepawali around mid-Nov to Dec, Jan, Feb, March, Mid April.
- Gangotri Open Season – On the day of “Akshay Tritiya” April, May, June, July, Aug, Sep, Oct, mid-Nov.
Snowfall in Gangotri Temple in January
Gangotri during the winters month like January is a virtually inaccessible area. Due to heavy snowfall which leads to most of the roads being blocked for individuals. It makes it very hard to reach there.
The temperatures in January go very low with heavy rainfall and snowfall.
In recent years some other nearby places to Gangotri temple-like Gori Kund, Bhagirath Shila, Kedarganga Sangam, Suryakund, Brahmkund emerge as famous winter destinations.
Some other trekking places are also being popular among the Tourists for their winter break in January.
Gangotri Weather Report for the Year 2022
Gangotri Temperature in Detail (Monthly-wise)
Gangotri Temperature Report for the Year 2022 – Weather Forecast
- Gangotri Temperature in January
- Gangotri Temperature in February
- Gangotri Temperature in March
- Gangotri Temperature in April
- Gangotri Temperature in May
- Gangotri Temperature in June
- Gangotri Temperature in July
- Gangotri Temperature in August
- Gangotri Temperature in September
- Gangotri Temperature in October
- Gangotri Temperature in November
- Gangotri Temperature in December