There is a cold Temperature in Gangotri Temple in February. but it’s less cold than January. Because Gangotri Temple’s height is around 3,048 meters above sea level. Hence Gangotri temperature in February remains cold.
Here we are sharing a detailed analysis of Gangotri temperature in February. The analysis includes weather conditions like average, minimum, and maximum Temperature in Gangotri.
Gangotri Temperature in February
The weather conditions in winter are quite difficult in Gangotri. Gangotri temperature in February drops low. but in comparison to January, it is a little less cold.
The temple is covered with a layer of snow. The heavy snow is piled up in sheets and covers every inch of the town.
- The Minimum Temperature in Gangotri is around 1°C in February.
- The Maximum Temperature in Gangotri is around 14°C in February.
- The Average Temperature in February is around 7°C.
- The Average Precipitation/Rainfall is 101 mm in February.
Weather conditions are quite difficult for local people as well as for all the tourists. The temple remains closed due to inappropriate weather conditions and due to which it is inaccessible during the month of February.
As you can now understand that the weather conditions are cold in Gangotri during February. So If you are planning a trip to Gangotri in February. Get ready and be prepared with properly equipped items for the bone-chilling cold. Happy Winters!
Gangotri Tempratur Today
The temperature in Gangotri right now and 7 Days Weather Forecast.
Due to the very heavy snowfall, the Gangotri Temple remains closed for 6 months in the winter season and then opens in the summer season.
- Gangotri Closed Season – On the next day of Deepawali around mid-Nov to Dec, Jan, Feb, March, Mid April.
- Gangotri Open Season – On the day of “Akshay Tritiya” around April, May, June, July, Aug, Sep, Oct, mid-Nov.
Snowfall in Gangotri Temple in February
Gangotri during the winter month like February is a virtually inaccessible area. Due to snowfall which leads to most of the roads being blocked for individuals. It makes it very hard to reach there.
The temperatures in February are low and there is repetitive rain and snowfall in Gangotri town.
In recent years, some other nearby places to Gangotri temple-like Gori Kund, Bhagirath Shila, Kedarganga Sangam, Suryakund, Brahmkund emerge as famous winter destinations.
Some other trekking places are also being popular among the Tourists for their winter break in February.
Gangotri Weather Report for the Year 2022
Gangotri Temperature in Detail (Monthly-wise)
Gangotri Temperature Report for the Year 2022 – Weather Forecast
- Gangotri Temperature in January
- Gangotri Temperature in February
- Gangotri Temperature in March
- Gangotri Temperature in April
- Gangotri Temperature in May
- Gangotri Temperature in June
- Gangotri Temperature in July
- Gangotri Temperature in August
- Gangotri Temperature in September
- Gangotri Temperature in October
- Gangotri Temperature in November
- Gangotri Temperature in December