There is a cold Temperature in Gangotri Temple in March. but it’s less cold than January and February. Because Gangotri Temple’s height is around 3,048 meters above sea level. Hence Gangotri temperature in March remains cold.
Here we are sharing a detailed analysis of Gangotri temperature in March. The analysis includes weather conditions like average, minimum, or maximum Temperature in Gangotri.
Gangotri Temperature in March
Similar to January/February, In the month of March, Gangotri Temple is covered with snow. Due to which Gangotri Temple is closed and inaccessible during the month of March. The temperatures go low with rainfall.
- Avg. Temperature in March is around 9°C
- Min. Temperature in March is around 5°C
- Max. Temperature in March is around 14°C
- The Average Precipitation/Rainfall is 116 mm in March.
Weather conditions are quite difficult for local people as well as for all the tourists. the temple remains closed due to inappropriate weather conditions and due to which it is inaccessible during the month of March.
As you can now understand that the weather conditions are cold in Gangotri during March. So If you are planning a trip to Gangotri in March. Get ready and be prepared with properly equipped items for the bone-chilling cold. Happy Winters!
Gangotri Tempratur Today
The temperature in Gangotri right now and 7 Days Weather Forecast.
Due to the very heavy snowfall, the Gangotri Temple remains closed for 6 months in the winter season and then opens in the summer season.
- Gangotri Closed Season – On the next day of Deepawali around mid-Nov to Dec, Jan, Feb, March, Mid April
- Gangotri Open Season – On the day of “Akshay Tritiya” around April, May, June, July, Aug, Sep, Oct, mid-Nov.
Snowfall in Gangotri Temple in March
Gangotri during the winter month like March the amount of snowfall decrease low as comparison to January and February. but the layer of snow remains the same and slowly-slowly it starts melting.
In recent years some other nearby places to Gangotri temple-like Gori Kund, Bhagirath Shila, Kedarganga Sangam, Suryakund, Brahmkund emerge as famous winter destinations.
Some other trekking places are also being popular among the Tourists for their winter break in March.
Gangotri Weather Report for the Year 2022
Gangotri Temperature in Detail (Monthly-wise)
Gangotri Temperature Report for the Year 2022 – Weather Forecast
- Gangotri Temperature in January
- Gangotri Temperature in February
- Gangotri Temperature in March
- Gangotri Temperature in April
- Gangotri Temperature in May
- Gangotri Temperature in June
- Gangotri Temperature in July
- Gangotri Temperature in August
- Gangotri Temperature in September
- Gangotri Temperature in October
- Gangotri Temperature in November
- Gangotri Temperature in December