If you’re thinking that the Rudra Meditation Cave in Kedarnath is one of these difficult to understand caves that people generally image monks to be meditating in, you are completely wrong! This region maintained and run as a “Modern Meditation Cave” by the Garhwal Mandal Vikas Nigam (GMVN). Kedarnath Cave is located one and a half kilometers left from the Kedarnath Temple complex.
Rudra Meditation Cave in Kedarnath
The cave is placed going through the shrines of Badrinath and Kedarnath and is a totally natural place comprised of stones, though there may be a timber door at its entrance.
A stay on the cave can only be booked online from the portal of GMVN and fees INR 990 for a day.
Initially, the price become much higher (INR 3000) however become revised recently and brought right down to this amount.
Though there has been a surge of interest way to the media coverage following the visit by using PM Modi, very few vacationers actually choose to go to the region because of the extremely cold temperatures.
- Considering the fact that the Rudra Gufa is presented to vacationers as a ‘Modern Meditation Cave’, cutting-edge amenities are truely not something unheard of right here, although the area stands in a completely remote area.
- As a guest, you may be supplied with consuming water and electricity while a heater and attached toilet are also present inside the cave.
- Food is provided during the day, consisting of tea inside the morning and evening as well as breakfast, lunch, and dinner. While a particular timetable is there for supplying these meals, you may change them to fit your preference.
Kedarnath Cave Route Map:
Rudra Cave can be reached from Kedarnath following a trek of around a kilometer very easily. The holy town of Kedarnath is well linked to several prominent cities in North India.
How to reach Rudra Meditation Cave in Kedarnath.
By Air: The nearest airport to Kedarnath is the Jolly Grant Airport round 240 km away. Daily flights are available to Delhi at the same time as the airport has a very good motorable avenue main up to Gaurikund. Taxis are to be had among Jolly Grant Airport and Gaurikund.
By Train: Rishikesh is the closest railway station at a distance of 216 km on NH58. Frequent train offerings are to be had from right here to most of the main Indian destinations. Gaurikund and Rishikesh are well linked with the aid of street with day by day buses and taxi offerings plying on the direction.
By Road: Gaurikund is the final motorable factor on the route to Kedarnath after which a 14 km trek needs to be undertaken. Gaurikund enjoys good avenue connectivity to several essential destinations around the state as well as to other parts along the north. Bus services are to be had to Srinagar and Hrishikesh whilst taxis can be without problems availed for other predominant destinations along with Chamoli, Uttarkashi, Haridwar, and Dehradun.
Those who wish to keep away from the rigors of the 14 km trek can avail Helicopter Services to Kedarnath from the various helipads in the area. The trek can in any other case be finished on mules, palki, or in reality on foot.
Rules To Follow:
- The initial allotment of the Rudra Meditation Cave in Kedarnath takes region for at least 3 days.
- The occupant is required to report on the GMVN Guptkashi office multiple days prior to the scheduled date of reserving for the present process an entire scientific check-up.
- Only upon being observed bodily sound and medically healthy will an individual be allowed to stay here.
- Only one character is allowed within the cave at any given time.
- Refunds are not provided as soon as the reserving has been confirmed despite the fact that the person chooses to cancel, no matter the purpose of cancellation.
At the time of check-in, you’re compulsorily required to supply a picture ID. 12 midday is the checkout time. When shifting out of your room, you’re required to exchange off the heater, geyser, fan, light, and lock the door. Avoid leaving behind any valuables in the room. The hotel cannot be held liable for the lack of any item. Alcohol consumption, smoking, and pets are prohibited on the premises. In case of any queries, contact the reception.
Narendra Modi in Kedarnath Cave
PM Modi spends the night in Rudra Meditation Cave in Kedarnath, Dressed in a saffron-colored monk robe.
Modi was visible meditating at a holy cave close to the Kedarnath shrine in Uttarakhand.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi spent the night time earlier than Election 2019 comes to an end in a cave 12,250 feet up in the Himalayas.
While the newly constructed space close to the Kedarnath shrine is specific to a meditation cave.
It became no longer clean whether or not the PM become to spend his entire time inside, beginning at 2 pm Saturday, meditating.
Rudraprayag District Magistrate Mangesh Ghildiyal said dinner could be despatched for the PM to the cave which, he added, has electricity, a heater, an easy bed, mattress, a small bathing area, a connected toilet, and an electric geyser for decent water.
“There is a smartphone too in the cave. And two tents have been erected at 30 m and a hundred m from the cave for safety reasons,” Ghildiyal stated.
With intermittent rain exacerbating the cold, the temperature in Kedarnath, which is protected in snow, is predicted to drop to minus three levels Celsius at night.
Modi is the first man or woman who used this cave. After his presence in that cave, many pilgrims demanded that cave to do meditation similar to Modi, They are ready to pay lease for it. And now, because of the growth in call for Kedarnath Committee is constructing every other cave for devotees to do meditation.